New HARVI I TE Ball Nose End Mill Cuts Like No Other
Kennametal has come out with one of the most exciting things to happen to end mills in a long time – the HARVI™ I TE ball nose end mill. Click on this video to see it cut through a block of 4140 steel like it’s tin foil. This powerful end mill can also machine stainless steel, cast iron and high-temperature alloys with exceptional feed rates reaching unmatched metal removal rates.
BENEFITS OF THE HARVI™ I TE
- HARVI™ I TE — Innovative proprietary design features driving maximum productivity.
- Universal character. Machines steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and high-temperature alloys with exceptional feed rates, reaching unmatched metal removal rates.
- Applicable for a variety of operations, including dynamic milling, and extreme ramping operations.
- 4-fluted end mill for high-performance roughing and finishing with only one tool.
- HARVI™ I TE — Maximum metal removal. Maximum productivity. Maximum Benefit.
The HARVI™ I TE ball nose version of the Harvi I TE has the same great features as its square version brother. The twisted front end cutting edge increases the corner stability and enables self-cutting action. The precision faceted eccentric relief reduces vibrations and friction, and the innovative chip gashes within the flutes reduce cutting forces and support efficient chip evacuation.
The ball nose style end mill is designed specifically for 3D milling and wall to floor finishing with a large radius. It features the same faceted relief along the outer diameter of the cutting edge as well as rippled relief in the ball nose section.
The video shows the HARVI™ I TE ball nose create a typical profiling application along one side of the steel block. On the other side, it smoothly roughs out a contour by doing some shoulder milling. Then after the contour is roughed out, you’ll see the wall to floor finishing capabilities of the ball nose by running it along the walls of the contour.
After that, you see the machine pass through a few more passes perpendicular to the first few, made easy by the axis capabilities of the machine. Finishing is accomplished at a speed of 330 meters per minute and a feed for tooth of 0.25 millimeters.
Finally, the ball nose will move onto finishing at the same speed but with a feed per tooth of .132 millimeters to create different finishes on the profile. The finishing pass is run at a rate of 150 meters per minute and a feed per tooth of 0.087 millimeters.
- Proprietary end face design — Twisted cutting edge increasing the corner stability, enabling soft cutting action even at highest ramping angles.
- Proprietary core design — Increasing tool stability.
- Innovative end face design — Asymmetric divided flutes and variable helix enabling vibration dampening and unmatched feed rates.
- Proprietary relief — with AVF-Technology. A precision faceted eccentric relief reducing vibrations and reducing friction. For excellent cutting conditions in multiple materials.
- Proprietary flute design — Innovative chip gashes within the flutes reducing cutting forces and supporting efficient chip evacuation.
Kennametal products, including HARVI™ I TE end mills are available on the BlackHawk Industrial web site. For any questions about end mills or any other products sold by BlackHawk, give us a call. We’re happy to help. Our mission is to provide innovative, value-added services and products that reduce our customer’s total cost. Feel free to contact us for more information.
1501 SW Expressway Drive
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74012
Toll Free: 855-610-1001