New OSG Phoenix PLDS: One Tool for Centering and Chamfering
OSG has expanded its Phoenix line of high-performance indexable tools, introducing the PLDS series for spot drilling, countersinking and chamfering. These versatile tools are a practical solution for job shops and multi-tasking facilities that desire process efficiency. A single tool enables workflow continuity without stoppages.
Phoenix PLDS features:
- 3-corner triangular insert combines chip resistance and sharpness for accurate, consistent results
- Negative axial rake angle suppresses burrs on the work surface
- Coolant hole improves chip evacuation and cooling effect on the cutting edge
- Highly rigid negative chamfer tip enables difficult centering operations
- Tw body types offered: 90° and 120°
- Cutting edge specification enables optimal chip shape creation
Phoenix PLDS tools are designed for centering, hole entry countersinking, V-slotting and corner chamfering. They are test proven to perform twice as long in 90° centering as leading competing brand without significant signs of wear. Phoenix PLDS is available in two high-strength grades: XP9020 for steel and cast iron, and XP2040 for stainless steel and heat-resistant alloys.
The Phoenix series also includes cutters for face, shoulder and radius milling; finishing and screw fit end mills; replaceable head end mills; indexable drills; and replaceable head drills.
To learn more, ask the experts at BlackHawk. Call us toll-free at 855-610-1001. To see the full line of OSG products from BlackHawk, view the online catalogs.